Welcome to the website for the practice of Psychologist Vanessa A. Schaeffer, Psy.D. This therapy practice, located in Gainesville, Georgia, is dedicated entirely to serving adults age 60 and over. Here you will receive exceptional psychological care for issues related to aging. In addition, therapy is offered for individuals providing care for older adults.
Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Stress, anxiety, nervousness or fear
- Depression, worries, unhappiness
- Grief, loss and loneliness
- Job stress, career change, loss of employment
- Confidence and self-esteem issues
- Relationship difficulties and marital stress
- Coping with isolation and stress related to current events
- Intimacy and trust issues
- Aging, elder care and caretaker issues
- Financial stress
- Health, chronic or terminal illness
- Military and veteran issues
- Difficulty staying focused or mindful
COVID-19: I AM HERE FOR YOU.
My office is taking every precaution for your safety to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. I am still seeing patients in the office if desired, while following additional cleaning protocols and respecting all social distancing recommendations. You may also elect to participate in sessions via my telemedicine platform. Please let me know your preference for your upcoming sessions.
NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE NOW?
If you are in crisis, or someone you care about is in a crisis, and you would like to talk to a trained professional immediately, please call any of the following hotlines: